Thursday 4 April 2013

I hate Christianity, Christianity causes all the Wars!

  Since I live in a city in which only 4% are bible believing church going Christians of course I receive daily objections and ridicule to my faith.  90% of it is the usual old and tired anti religious bigotry along the lines of "how can you obey the bible when it says you cant eat shrimp?" I find that objection so elementary and silly I haven't addressed it yet but I guess I have to soon.  But today as I was in my local coffee shop reading my bible and talking on the phone a guy came over and asked me if I was a "fundamentalist" I laughed and asked him what he meant by that.  He explained to me that all fundamentalism leads to wars and violence.  So I rebutted that but anyone's definition the Amish are fundamentalists and explained how he was very wrong in that regard.  So his next point was that he hated Christianity because it causes all the wars.

  Coincidentally just last night I watched the movie the Book of Eli in which it depicts a world in which all Bibles have been banned because many people believes that the Bible caused the great war that ended civilization.

  Since Christianity is a facts and evidence kind of religion I invited the fellow in the coffee shop to examine the evidence with me for his claim that Christianity causes all the wars.  Together via my phone we examined the encyclopedia of wars to find out that of all the wars in history which chronicles some 1762 wars only 6.98% are religious and if you subtract those waged in the name of Islam then you get 3.23% .

  So the facts speak for themselves.  Recently I watched an interview with Jesse Ventura, and as a former professional wrestler I truthfully respect him.  I watched as he tried to say that the Vietnam war was a religious war.  While I appreciate his emotionalism, because many of my people are very emotional, he is simply wrong and ive yet to find a historian with peer reviewed evidence to back up his claim.

The facts show that Christianity is a religion in which Jesus tells Peter to put away his sword and that those who live by the sword die by the sword.  It had been Christians who have fought for things such as peace, rules in war, and human rights.

   The way this debate usually goes is "hey what about the Crusades?" well a question is not an argument.  For the past month Ive been reading about the Crusades and it had completely changes my view.  So if someone brings that up, ask for evidence.  Christians need not provide all evidence to any off the cuff question that people bring up as an objection.  Ill post about the crusades soon and what they were in resoponse to.



No comments:

Post a Comment